Home  /  Contact us /  Email  /  简体中文
Home > Visitor’s Guide > Visa & Travel Information  
An entry visa is essential for all visitors entering mainland China. A visitor's Visa or Visa for attending the workshop / conference can be obtained from your nearest Chinese Embassies and consulates overseas on producing valid passport, travel documents and sufficient means of support.

Please write to the research assistant if you need any help such as an invitation letter for obtaining the visa. It is advisable to apply for the visa at least two months ahead of the event.

Click here to view details of Chinese Embassies

China local time is ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) by 8:00 hours.

The Renminbi is the legal tender in the China. It is issued by the People's Bank of China. The official abbreviation of Renminbi is CNY, but also commonly abbreviated as RMB.

Currency conversion is possible at airports and banks. International credit cards are accepted in some important and famous places, such as the International hotels, and department stores and shops, to which foreigners often visit.

Click here to find the Currency Exchange

The electricity supply in China is 220 Volts and 50 Hz. Notebooks in 100-250 Volts can be accepted but some appliances requiring 110 Volts would need a voltage adapter. The electrical sockets require three (or two) round pin plugs.


Beijing Computational Science Research Center, No. 3 He-Qing Road, Hai-Dian District, Beijing, 100084 Tel: 86-10-82687001 E-mail: info[at]csrc.ac.cn
Copyright © Beijing Computational Science Research Center All Rights Reserved